jueves, 19 de mayo de 2011

HOMEWORKS !!

01.    The police carried out a thorough investigation.
02.    Lisa was fond of John, thought he often annoyed her.
03.    He had thought very deeply about the problem.
04.    It can be __ trying to juggle a career and a family.
05.    The matter came __ at the last meeting.
06.    Mexico is rich __oil.
07.    Tom ended __ in jail.
08.    The handle fell__
09.    John, who should really know better, __ came to the meeting unprepared.
10.    Mr. Jones is highly__ for his skill at negotiating contracts.
11.    All our bank managers are __ to approve loans of up to $20,000.
12.    I was very angry because Mark __ me when I was trying to work.
13.    It´s hot inside. Take __ your jacket.
14.    The doctor advised her __ smoking.
15.    We were tied __ in traffic.
16.    They came back __ car.
17.    The lawyer handed __ the letter to sing just as I was leaving.
18.    What I want to know is __car is blocking mine!
19.    I couldn´t carry all the bags __ so I got a porter to help me.
20.    If I had been invited to make a speech , I __ happy to.
21.    The bank has agreed to __ me some money.
22.    We were waiting for him but he didn´t  show __.
23.    I read the article __ the newspaper.
24.    To star __, we don´t have enough money.
25.    He is __ trying to contact his office, but so far he hasn´t been successful.
26.    Let´s __ a cup of coffee before we get back to work.
27.    I would like to join you for dinner , __ I´m not sure I can.
28.    Joe doesn´t have __ to invest.
29.    The plane took ___.
30.    Have you got it sorted __?
31.    Don´t ask __ trouble.
32.    They sell the eggs __ the dozen.
33.    You have to have your car serviced regularly __, the warranty will become invalid.
34.    I expect you to visit all the mayor wholesalers in the area, __ you should visit several retail outlets.
35.    The coach made the students __ very hard.
36.    Even though it was snowing , there was very __ ice on the road.
37.    The drain is __ by mud.
38.    Your name is __ the top of the list.
39.    She blew __ the candles.
40.    I was late because my car broke __.
41.    He traveled __ 7:45 train , which arrived at 8:30.
42.    I saw Peter __a concert last Friday.
43.    Our department is __ the second floor of the building.
44.    I´m going away __the end of March.
45.    Two __ four equals eight.
46.    Six __ four equals ten.
47.    Nine __ two equals seven.
48.    Six divided __ two equals three.
49.    The more electricity you use, __-
50.    The exam was __ we expected.

1 comentario: